Friday, March 6, 2009

Shawn APPROVED!

Well, I got my approval this week from the insurance. The paperwork went in on Tuesday evening and I received a call Thursday morning of the approval. I was told it may be 2 weeks before we heard back, so this was a shocking surprise. Especially since I was missing some data. Allow me to explain...

My insurance company required (among other things) a 6-month physician supervised diet and 5 CONSECUTIVE years of physician records including weights. Well since I hate going to doctors, I didn't have any reason to go in 2006 and 2007. This left me with a 2-year hole in an otherwise 10 year string of recorded weights. Needless to say, I was worried this would be the one thing to keep me from surgery.

Because of the whole in data, I provided records from Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig to show some kind of data. However, even that only accounted for 2007. But I was hoping it would at least show initiative.

Well, I guess it worked. Because, as mentioned in the title. I am approved.

I know there's still a bunch of steps left including pre-op assessments and tests, but at least that big hurdle is overcome.

I can't wait now to set the date and begin the countdown.

No comments: