Monday, November 23, 2009

The Clash

So, the surgeon yelled at me on the last visit for not being as close to goal as he would like. I appreciate his honesty and passion and I would LOVE to make him happy. But I straight up told him that the first few months having the problems that I did eating proteins totally knocked me off kilter. I think from here on out things will be much better.

People tend to think surgery is the 'easy way out'. I haven't heard anyone say that to my face yet, but I'm sure it's on some peoples' minds. But you know what? This has been a tough road. Now that I'm pretty much able to eat anything (though in moderation) it's actually now more about food choices and preparation than it ever was before. Because the little you can eat must be the sustenance our body needs. I'm confident I can do it.

Oh, and I need to start exercising more to get this loss moving faster. That's the hardest part.

No comments: