Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Went to Seminar - 1st Step Down

So, my wife and I made it to the seminar on WLS this evening at Celebration Health Hospital in Celebration, FL. Man, there was a lot more people there than I thought might be. It really put things into perspective for me. Considering they hold this seminar once a week, every week, for what seemed to be almost 100 people to be in attendance really made me understand that I am not alone. Many, many people share the same issues I do. I mean, I knew that previously, but to see this really brought the picture in much more clearly.

Firstly, I learned a lot about the types of surgery and the pros and cons of each. Sure there's lots to think about, but I think the permanent solution, RNY is the one for me. Of course, I'd need to discuss/confirm that with a doctor, but I'm a 'get it done right the first time' kind of guy. My wife, however, while thinking of the future possibilities of having children is considering the band. Makes sense but, again, need to discuss with a doc.

The doctor speaking, Dr. Keith Kim MD, seemed highly knowledgeable on the subject, seemed very caring and had a good sense of humor too.

So, we filled out some paperwork to get the ball rolling at least in finding out what the insurance would cover (if at all) with both of us. Now starts the waiting game.

No comments: